Don’t waste your time on deciding which restaurant to go. Just flip a coin!
Fill the food you are interested in in the Term and the maximum radius in meters from you in the Radius in the form, and click the following buttons in order: Get Location > Submit > Random Select.
- Only one of the latitude/longitude and location has to be filled.
- The latitude/longitude could be obtained by clicking the Get Location button.
- The location string could be a specific address or something like “San Jose, CA”.
- Then click on the Random Select button to let the program to randomly select one for you.
- If you don’t like the random selection, just click Random Select again!
Unfortunately, currently no. We don’t have the restaurant data from China. But it should work for most of the countries, including USA, UK, Canada, Germany, France, Japan, etc.
We have not added the detailed error messages. But usually it is due to one of the following reasons.
- The service is not available in the country.
- All the restaurants are closed and our app will only return restaurants that are open.
- There is just no restaurants that satisfies the criteria nearby.
The app is deployed on Heroku for free. Because of the Heroku dyno sleep, when there is no user in the past 30 minutes, the app will sleep. But usually it only take less than 5 seconds for the app to awake. So just be a little bit patient.
The original developers are me and Junjun Ruan.